Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I think maybe I need cable TV in my life

I feel like I'm Amish, so out of touch with society, so behind the times. It could very well be that I am the only person on the planet who knows next to nothing about the Opto mom, except that she gave birth to 8 babies all in one sitting and is obsessed with Angelina Jolie. But I feel like there must be more to know because everyone seems to be going gaga over this woman and I just don't get it. What am I missing out on? What has Brenda Lee Johnson done without me all these months? And let us not forget fine ass Sgt Gabriel! What has he done without me?? And who the hell is Chelsea Handler? Who's VJ'ing on 106 & Park these days? Is my homegirl, Samantha Brown still trotting the globe? I'm sort of embarrassed to ask. I don't know wtf is going on. At first I thought that maybe not having cable would force me to be more productive, creative, get in better shape, save some clams.... but I'm looking around, and at myself, and I see that I was sorely mistaken and misguided. I've actually gotten fatter! I've missed all of the awards shows for naught - MTV, VH1, BET... Bravo's reality TV and competition shows! Who are the real housewives of Atlanta? What should I be wearing?? I am completely in the dark and have nothing to contribute at the water cooler. I haven't decided whether that's a good thing or not. Could cable tv really enhance my life? According to Miles "heck yeah, it can!" But if I sign up that just means another bill in my mailbox so the jury's still out on whether or not I should improve my life.

4 comments:

trE said...

I'm going to tell you right now that I have cable, but I don't have HBO or any of those other pricey, pricey channels; Showtime, Time Warner on Demand, etc... And, I'm still missing out on what's hip and what's not. I would say it's mainly because I watch the Cartoon Network, Noggin, TLC, The Discovery, channels, and ABC, CBS, and NBC on the nights "my shows" come on. Girl, you ain't missing much. LOL...

Me said...

Yeah, but I'm missing my booschnicken's tackling the globe on the travel channel :(. I'm honestly considering getting a satellite dish installed on my roof so that I can watch him, Samantha Brown, and The Closer. That's all I'm really missing. Nothing else moves me enough to tune in regularly. I don't watch tv that often as it is.

Anonymous said...

HOW U NOT KNOW CHELSEA SUGARBOP?!?!?!

Me said...

I'm living in obscurity, boo. :( Just me and a thousand candles in the dark. The cable guy will come and save me soon, I'm sure.