Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mrs. Harvey

That old bitch. I had Mrs. Harvey for 5th grade. The same year that Brandon Posey socked me in my tenderly budding bosom and caused my eyes to well up with tears (Asshole. I bet he's still a punk bastard to this day). Anyway, in her class I sat at a table with all of my Spanish speaking friends - Leticia, Veronice, Maribel, Luis, and Richard. I didn't know a lick of Spanish. Well one day everyone at my table was talking - except me, of course. And that old bitch Mrs. Harvey singled me out. She stopped teaching to yell at me to go sit by the cold ass window and stop talking. Never mind the fact that I didn't even know any Spanish! She made an example of me and I was too shy to defend myself. So I chilled - literally! - by the window until recess. I could barely work, I was so cold. This wouldn't be the last injustice she served upon me in her class. I loathed that woman and will never forget her. Today I found out that she passed away recently and I felt...a little shocked, I guess. It never occurred to me that she wouldn't live forever. She certainly left an indelible mark on my brain. Despite it all, I learned a lot from her.
RIP Mrs. Harvey.

2 comments:

trE said...

Aaw, Mrs. Harvey... :( That's messed up you had to sit by the cold window though.

Me said...

I was a shy kid, too. Never bothered anyone, never caused any problems. So I have no idea why she chose ME to pick on. But I have to say, she made me a lion. I got a lot tougher.