Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fearless flying

So I have to have a bullet proof ego, be humble and train myself to write like a modern day Shakespeare. Sounds simple enough, I guess. These days, nothing is penetrating my ego and I’m humbled by my experiences. Of course, I could use a little oiling up because I am terribly rusty. But all in all I think this slate is prepared! I have a “room of my own” and the time and privacy to write to my hearts content. Now I just have to discipline myself to sit still for at least four straight hours a week and write something. I think I’ll designate Sunday’s as my writing days. Roll out of bed and begin writing, only taking bathroom breaks and stopping for breakfast (I like to roll right out of bed and jot my ideas down while they're fresh in my head). Four hours…straight. Or maybe that's a tad too lofty, considering my go, go, go/never ending to-do list, life. It’s a worthy habit to develop, though. Maybe I could work on an ezine. I need discipline (I need a lot of things). I feel different today, kind of like I know where I'm headed and the map aint a blur...for once. My good friend has moved to San Diego and things are looking up for her. That really makes me happy. Plus, now we have an excuse to take a road trip Thelma and Louise style down there to visit her. I am a huge fan of get-aways. Another friend is prodding me to come and visit her in Atlanta for her birthday but I have Vegas jazz fest tickets the following weekend so I'll have to postpone that trip. There are so many places I want to see and revisit. There's just not enough time and money at the moment. Plus, I want to remodel my kitchen.

My parents are here to help me with household repairs and upgrades (well, my step dad, really. My mom dresses the part but she does more instructing than actual work). Gotta run. Toodles!

No comments: