Friday, May 1, 2009

And wouldn't you know, they ordered pizza today

Right after this conversation. And I had 2 slices :/
I'll start my program first thing in the morning :) and I have comrades now! See below:

Scout [10:45 AM]: hey. you still working out
Claudine [10:45 AM]: yup!
Scout [10:45 AM]: want to start a semi challenge?
Claudine [10:46 AM]: lol.. what's the challenge
Scout [10:46 AM]: my goal is to be bikini/hotpants ready by july 4th weekend
Claudine [10:46 AM]: LOL
Scout [10:46 AM]: i'm going to take before and after pics
i'm starting today :/
Claudine [10:47 AM]: that's about 2 months
Scout [10:47 AM]: still not enough time, lol
but i'm going to push myself to look GREAT by that time
wanna do a biggest loser-like challenge?
Claudine [10:47 AM]: lol.. ok what are the rules?
Scout [10:48 AM]: well, we have to begin today. go home and take pictures of yourself in something revealing, like a bikini . THEN, when we reach our deadline we take ANOTHER photo and weigh in
then we treat ourselves, lol
Claudine [10:49 AM]: LOL
ok. i think we should do measurements too
not just weight.. but i want to lose inches
Scout [10:49 AM]: so take the pic, yeah and do measurements too and weigh yourself
me too. do you have measuring tape over there?
Claudine [10:49 AM]: i can bring it tomorrow if you want
Scout [10:50 AM]: who else can we get to suffer with us?
Claudine [10:50 AM]: you'll have an advantage this month though
cuz i've been working out, so i'm not at my peak weight losing
hmm... who would want to suffer....
Scout [10:50 AM]: i'm not either, really.
all that walking and it doesn't work anymore
i'm going to have to up the ante
Claudine [10:51 AM]: honestly, i don't know anyone else that would want to participate
Scout [10:51 AM]: maybe i'll jog
i've been walking around my 'hood
but i want to lose this tire around my waist BAD
Claudine [10:52 AM]: haha.. i know exactly what you mean
Scout [10:52 AM]: it's sitting in my lap laughing at me as i type this, lol
Claudine [10:52 AM]: ok... july 4th is a saturday
LOL!
Scout [10:52 AM]: we'll share our pictures the following weekend
Claudine [10:52 AM]: sounds good to me
I'm down
Scout [10:52 AM]: BET! yay!
Claudine [10:52 AM]: hahaha
as long as i'm not losing money
Scout [10:53 AM]: exactamundo!
win-win
Claudine [10:53 AM]: ok, cool
let me know if you find any other victims, i mean, participants
Scout [10:53 AM]: what about steph?
Claudine [10:53 AM]: OH YEAH
she has to.. she's going to be in a wedding!
Scout [10:53 AM]: PERFECT!
*insert wicked laughter here
Claudine [10:54 AM]: LOL
you want to tell her or should i?
Scout [10:56 AM]: oh, could you?
since you're over there already
Claudine [10:57 AM]: no problemo
Scout [10:57 AM]: i'm kind of excited
Claudine [10:57 AM]: lol. for now!
hahahhaa
Scout [10:57 AM]: haha. i know
Claudine [10:58 AM]: ok, i'm telling steph
hey, if you want some help, www.sparkpeople.com is a great website
Scout [10:59 AM]: oooh! i'll check it out. thx
Claudine [10:59 AM]: sure.. my doctor recommended it
also, you can go on youtube and put 5 minute workouts..
and there are 5 minute mini workout videos
Scout [10:59 AM]: GOOD ideas!
Claudine [11:00 AM]: you can do all of them in sequence, and i think it's about.. 30 minutes of strength training
Scout [11:00 AM]: training videos will be obsolete soon
Claudine [11:00 AM]: yup
ok.. good luck missy!
Scout [11:00 AM]: now i'm hearing the rocky theme in my head
Claudine [11:00 AM]: lol
Scout [11:00 AM]: you know, i think i'll add that to my ipod for motivation, lol
Claudine [11:01 AM]: hahaha.. do it
Scout [11:01 AM]: I shall. good luck to you too, partner
Claudine [11:03 AM]: Stephanie [11:03 AM]:
I'M TOTALLY IN!!!!!!!!!
Claudine [11:03 AM]: woot! lol
Scout [11:03 AM]: HOLLA!!!!
Claudine [11:03 AM]: haha.. ok, yay!
i'm pretty excited
Scout [11:04 AM]: ALL ABOARD THE "GET FLY" EXPRESS! WOOT WOOT! LOL
Claudine [11:04 AM]: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
that's hilarious
ok.. i think i'll start tonight
yay!!
Scout [11:05 AM]: so i'll be checking in with you guys periodically
Claudine [11:05 AM]: ditto
Scout [11:05 AM]: we have to stay motivated
Claudine [11:05 AM]: ok
cool..

3 comments:

trE said...

reading this made me smile. it's so cool that you have friends to actually help and motivate you enough so that you can reach your goals and hopefully they will too. you're funny as hell too... :)

Me said...

Thanks Tre. YOU are one of my friends as well ;) I keep telling you that I'm going to be just like you when I grow up.
So today it begins. It's 10:47am and I still haven't unglued my ass from this couch, lol. But I'm getting up now and will be jogging the 'hood soon.

trE said...

LOL... Girl, I've been up since 7:40 am (um Jernee wakes me up every morning whether I want to get up or not). Thanks Val, that's sweet. *feels all special and such* I got faith in you and I want to see after pictures! You can do it!