Saturday, May 23, 2009

Who wears short shorts? / The Terminator

I'm shaped more like the one on the far left from the 80's version of the commercial. However, I can only seem to find shorts made for either the terminally ass-challenged, or the resigned-to-a-fate-of-saggy-assed-dom old lady-type shorts, the "I give up" kind. In other words, too long or too short. Neither of which flatter me. The fashion industry has forced my hand. Therefore, I have decided to cut a few pairs of old jeans, cuff the legs, and make my own shorts. The granny panty shorts, the daisy duke booty cutters, and the granny Magoo almost-capri shorts must cease and desist. These days, finding a pair that flatter your shape is like rocket science. Ugh.

Leaving the movies the other day there was a man in front of us who I am convinced was a robot. His arms stuck out from his sides like they were attached with toothpicks, rather than resting against his sides and/or swinging normally. with each step only his hips twisted and his torso remained stiff. Of course, I was giggling uncontrollably and missed a prime video opportunity. I almost feel guilty posting about him without footage, but I couldn't resist.
They are among us *cue scary music

I have to get into Lois Lane reporter mode and be ready for action at a moments notice. This post without footage is kind of unacceptable.

2 comments:

rashad said...

Well the DC area must have the market cornered on tailor-made short shorts, because damn if I didn't see the full repetoire yesterday while I was out and about

trE said...

:( You made me wonder if that guy was in some sort of accident and had a hip replacement and some other form of surgery to his arms after... again I type after I laughed until I cried...

oh God, if something was really wrong w/ that dude in Val's post, please forgive me.