Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More Frogs to Kiss

This past weekend my older cousin by 6 years (more like my sister since my mom raised her along with me) brought her 50 year old boyfriend over to my house for the first time for our family's annual Memorial Day barbecue. He asked if I had cable TV because he wanted to watch the game. I said that I didn't and apologized that he was missing it. Later she told me that he said I "had it going on" and that he knows "a grip of ******" who would gladly beat each other down to put some cable in my house. Lol. Although an odd sentiment, I was sincerely touched. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind having a boyfriend. However, I'm not pressed to make just any old body my boo. I have standards. Not a long list of unreasonable demands. Just qualities that I feel would compliment who I am and what I have to offer. I'd rather be alone than settle. In fact, I'm quite content by my lonesome, which is why I haven't really gotten out there and made myself "seen" to any potential suitors. I'm thinking of changing that though. Just a teensy weensy experiment to see if I luck up on a prince. Having gotten a glimpse of what kind of toad's are out there already (trumpet guy, le pimp playa himalaya, waiter dude), I feel somewhat prepared to pick the right frog to kiss. Here's to hoping I get it right *crosses fingers
I'm going to venture out, accept some of these social invites I've been getting, and jump start my mojo. Mr. Ed Choppers invited me out with her and her cousin on Sunday. If I go (if they still go) I'll post about it.

2 comments:

rashad said...

I know when you're doing your list of qualifications you want in a man, putting down cable ranks right up there with good teeth and a job..

Me said...

lol. He's tried to hook me up a few times before and he just doesn't get it - having money/material things isn't the ultimate deal maker for all women. Dude introduced me to someone who was...okay, nice enough. Then in casual conversation he brought up dudes wife in Texas. 0_0 the hell? I realize now that, although severely misguided, he means well. I just can't take his hook ups seriously.