Wednesday, July 15, 2009

C'est si bon

It just occured to me that I like that he leaves me alone from time to time. For the life of me I couldn't figure out at first why I continued to like him and allow him to come back every time. Now I know that it suits me best. He may not know this but I enjoy my solitude just as much as I enjoy talking to him. We laugh and flirt, joke and tease, insinuating that maybe, someday we'll be more but both quietly knowing it's highly unlikely. It's fun to pretend sometimes. Our arrangement, no matter that it's borderline unhealthy, is a good one for me at the moment. For instance, right now there is a budding bugaboo on my trail. I was nice to him, I entertained his advances and already I am coming to regret it. We talked on the phone yesterday and made plans to have lunch and catch a movie tomorrow, so why is he calling me today? This will be our first date and already, before we've even begun I can see that we won't work. But him? My vanishing act? Him I like. Perhaps even adore. I think about him all the time. Maybe it's true what they say about absence making the heart grow fonder. Or maybe I just truly don't want to be bothered.
Pink wrote a song about it. Like to hear it, here it goes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7JCcHOnMyw

No comments: