Thursday, July 2, 2009

Christmas in Hawaii!! / Three Day WEEKEND

Oahu to be exact. Just me and the boy (my immediate family) for 4 days and 3 nights in paradise and I couldn't be happier. Ever since I first listened to Toni Braxton's "Christmas in Jamaica" cd, and my friend, Kalisi told me that it's typically 75 degrees in Tonga year round, I've wanted to spend my Christmas on an island. Not that it's oh-so cold here in Cali or anything - we're just a stones throw over the pond so the temps won't vary that much. But I'm mostly geeked because we'll be escaping the hustle and bustle of the holiday season for a much prettier and uncharted landscape :D. And we'll be home in time for Christmas and any family festivities anyway (not that I don't expect my family to disappoint me but I digress). This will be my Christmas present to us and I'll finally be able to tick Oahu off my long list of places to visit.
/
I'm wiggling my toes in the freshly vacuumed carpet and it feels so gooood...to be off today! The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, the breeze is filling up my curtains, my house is neat and clean, and I haven't a need in the world right now. Except for some groceries. I'm dreading going to the grocery store and thought about hitting up Costco but SURELY it's going to be a madhouse with the 4th of July being tomorrow. I'm not sure I want to deal with all that, so I'm procrastinating. I'm in a splendid mood and I know all it's going to take is a phone call from either my mom bugging me to come and get her, or my ex wondering when I'm going to pick up our son, to ruin it. SO...I'm not answering the phone :)
I'm in the mood for some grapes. I think I'll lay up on the rug and munch on a bowl full while watching whatever the Netflix Gods have delivered to me today.

2 comments:

trE said...

I'm so incredibly jealous right now. LOL... I bet you're going to have ounces and ounces of fun... :)

Me said...

oh, it's going to be mighty hard to wipe the smile off my face once I'm in Hawaii. Might-y hard :D