Friday, July 3, 2009

Factory Girl

What a great movie. If you haven't seen it, check it out. I'd always heard about Edie Sedgwick but never really knew much about her, of course. I was born in the 70s and she reigned in the 60s. Very fascinating life story, though. And who ever really paid attention to Andy Warhol anyway? I think the only reason he's famous is because his shit was crammed down our throats and his ideas so inane that you don't easily forget them. I find his issues and life story much more interesting than his so-called art. And now that I know of his relationship with Edie Sedgwick I like him even less. His character reminded me of so many people, it's a shame.
So that's what the netflix gods bestowed upon me this afternoon and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Might even watch it again.

1 comment:

trE said...

I'm going to have to remember to rent it. I treated myself to purchasing The Secret Life of Bees yesterday as well as watching it and I am so happy I did... I will watch it again. Glad you enjoyed your flick :)