Monday, June 20, 2011

Few things, part deux


- Lenny was a bit of a disappointment. He came out on stage at about 10 minutes to 7pm and announced that he wasn’t going to play any instruments other than a tambourine, while he sat on a stool. He sang about 5 songs and turned the normally upbeat ones into ballads, then he split and waved goodbye with that million dollar smile of his. We were downstairs having sushi at Katsuya by 8pm. But I can’t complain. It wasn’t a bad way to spend a Wednesday evening. I’m usually at home at that time watching TV while eating dinner.

- I wasn’t fair to Daniel. He does have many attributes that I like. It’s just that I don’t want to like him, lol. He lives in Nevada, he has a girlfriend, and he does have some attributes that I don’t like, which are somewhat minor and can be worked around and overcome, but they are con’s, nonetheless. There, I said it. Oh, what do I like about him? His penchant for chivalry; he’s very gentlemanly, his smile, his physique, his openness and sense of humor, his culinary skills :), his determination and work ethic, and how easily it is for me to make him blush. Okay, enough of this mush. I need to move on.

- I finally went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 the other day. No, I didn’t have a child accompanying me! I went by myself since my teenage son had already seen it with his friends. Yes, I’m grown but every once in a while I need an escape from all this grown-up business and seriousness, I need to reconnect with my softer side, and what better way to do that than to go see a cute, cuddly, fat ass, kung-fu fighting, kick ass panda voiced by Jack Black? Some people have anime and video games and macramĂ©, I have Po. So anyway, I went to see Po kick some more evil ass all throughout China and listen to the many heart-warming and one-to-grow-on messages from Master Shifu, and I wasn’t disappointed at all. I left the movie theater smiling and took the escalator down to the mall’s food court where I ironically found myself ordering a two item plate from Panda Express. I didn’t make the connection until I opened my fortune cookie and read: "You will be happy soon but first you must…" and I don’t remember the rest!! And it was GREAT! :( I put the little slip of fortune in my wallet and now I can’t find it :( I’m going to look around my bedroom for it when I get home.

No comments: