Friday, June 24, 2011

Honestly (bonus post)

As irritable as I feel right now due to lack of sleep, I think going out last night was sort of what I needed to get over my malaise. And today being Friday helps too. Oh, and I’m no longer pms’ing so that’s a bonus. My friend wants me to go out with her again tonight but that’s not likely going to happen. I’m over it. I’m getting too old for this shit, honestly. She told me we were going to a “chill lounge” last night, which turned out to be a lie. We ended up at a busted, hole in the wall club in North Hollywood because she’s trying to get with a young promoter guy. “We’ll be home by midnight,” she promised, which was another lie because there we were, still at the club at midnight on a Thursday listening to “Girls dem sugar” and Danity Kane while her promoter friend stood outside waiting for his crew to arrive. He came upstairs to check on us exactly once, so she and I talked all night and I ended up getting into my bed at 1am on the nose. Now I’m functioning on 5 hours sleep with burning eyes and traces of mascara dried onto my lashes, hoping the day flies by and my workload doesn’t increase. But I’m glad it’s Friday and I’m thankful for getting out and escaping the confines of my cottage home and my brooding mind. The fresh air did me good. I am now over island boy and the ego bruise I incurred from the artist guy. :) What a difference a day/night makes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you're over both dudes who seemingly do not know what they've missed. I went out last night myself, but I was back inside before 10 pm. Just dinner, ice cream, and a stroll downtown w/ some friends & my brother. I hope this weekend shapes up to be a wondrously wonderful one for you, Val :)