Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I need a happy hour

I'm on vacation and I can barely relax. A week just isn't long enough for my mind to unwind, so I feel more and more anxious with each hour that goes by. The clock is ticking and I have so much to do, so much that needs to be done, that I've been putting off in favor of earning a living. My fear is that all of my errands and chores will eat up my Me time and, before I know it, I'll go back to business as usual. Stressed and anxious, wired and ready to bust, feeling out of control and sleepless, having accomplished nothing.
What I need to do is chuck my watch, cover the clocks, get loose, and let things fall where they may. Now, if only I can convince myself to allow that to happen, I'd surely be on vacation.
Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

trE said...

My watch died on me about a month ago, and I haven't purchased another one yet. I'm usually in such a rush to replace a watch whenever this happens, but now... I'm like, man eff that watch, I know the sense of time, but I'm not pressed. And, you know what? I'm feeling a little better about that.