Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kicks

My super fresh sneaks showed up yesterday and turned out to be not so fresh. Yes, I’m back to ordering stuff off the internet. I know, I never learn. But this time I ordered from a well known company with clearly defined return policies – Puma – so I’m doing better. I bought two pairs of shoes and waited impatiently for over a week to receive them. Yesterday when I got home I ripped open the box and realized that I only liked one pair in person, and not the other. However, the pair that I like isn’t true to size so I have to return it, reorder a bigger size and wait anxiously for the new pair to arrive. Ugh. This reminds me of the time I desperately wanted a pair of CBS sneakers in 4th grade. Only Leed’s sold them. Who’s old enough to remember Leed’s Shoe’s though!? lol

My older cousin, Chrissy had a couple of pairs of CBS’s and they were the cutest little sneakers in the world to me at that time. My mom took me to Leed’s on several occasions to get a pair but they never had my size in stock. In hindsight, I’m wondering what the heck was really going on.How could they never get my size in? I was heart broken for a good while over that and I think it’s partly the reason why I go nuts over shoes today. It’s all Mr. Leeds’ fault. I will never forget the Chinese boot incident, as much as I wish I could. But there was a happy ending to that story, thankfully.

Anyway, I’m only slightly leery that this will be a fruitless exercise. Puma has a better reputation than the Chinese bootleggers of getting the right goods to you without issue. And in any event, I still have Citi card on my side to work out any sudden kinks.

Here's the pair I like:






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I like!
~pmg

Me said...

Yeah! I knew you would :)