Sunday, May 2, 2010

Which bridges to burn and which to cross?

Recently I went on a bridge burning rampage. It all started after I had gotten fed up with a certain fat bastard with t-rex arms who shall remain nameless. I spent that afternoon boiling mad, mulling over my options, needing a sounding board and Jesus. After a full day of coming to terms with my feelings and noticing who was on hand that gave a shit, I had decided that I was done trying to build bridges with difficult people unwilling or unable to meet me in the middle, and that some of the bridges I had tried to build never really existed in the first place, so I burned what was left of them. I didn't do this recklessly, although it was sudden and came as a shock to some. My movements were calculated and the choices wise, in my opinion. Did I hate to see years of my hard work go up in smoke? Of course, but half a bridge is useless so what's the point in holding on to it?
What I did was appropriate and even necessary for me to begin new construction elsewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this entry!
I feel I need to do the same...however I am stupid and stubborn and feel that those half bridges have hope. I think in all due time I will be in the same place as you.
~pmg

Me said...

i love your hope, patty. you are hardly stupid, just more optimistic than me, lol. i do hope for a very long time that my work towards being someones friend will be recognized and appreciated but sometimes, after years of trying and not succeeding, it's time to throw in the towel. it's hard for people to change, i've realized, so if they aren't feeling me now, it's very likely they still wont be years from now. so i take my bridge building skills elsewhere :)