Wednesday, May 12, 2010

In Limbo

I make my bed every day, shower, cook, clean, run my errands. These are about the only things I feel in control of as I wait. And the waiting isn’t easy. I feel as if I’m going to bust, like I’m holding my breath waiting for the air to clear so that I can breathe again. So every morning I hop out of my bed and begin pulling the sheets taut again, neatly fluffing and arranging pillows, jotting down daily plans that can be achieved… as I wait for the signal that I can move out of limbo. I have another set of plans written down, the ones that I can begin once I get that green light to exhale, but I just stare at those, sigh, and pray that I don’t lose my mind in the meantime. It’s tough being here…especially when I could be somewhere else, somewhere much more to my liking. But my friend Patty believes that I have the “patience of a saint” so I’m trying to hold on, though I know my patience has long since worn thin.

4 comments:

rashad said...

Im not sure what's going on, but I hope you're doing ok

Me said...

Thanks :) I will be really soon...I think, lol. Can't really say much more about it until then though.

trE said...

You're still holding on though... That alone is a sign in and of itself... Hang in there, lady... The path shouldn't be much longer. :)

Me said...

Thanks, Tre. three days back from vacation and I feel the stress creeping up on me again. i don't know what it's going to take to get me out of limbo :/