Monday, December 13, 2010

I need romance. I want to feel love and receive affection. Much more than sex, I want the butterflies, the longing, and the special treatment a man gives a woman he likes and is actively pursuing. I miss that terribly. On my way to work this morning I reminisced about the guys I dated who gave me all of that cutesy stuff – the damsel in distress treatment when my bike had a flat (lol), or a tire needed changing (sigh), the kisses in the middle of traffic (he was the best), the poems, the songs/raps to serenade me with, the hand-made, rubber stamped get-well cards, the tulips and roses and kissing fish and joint video game playing, etc. Anyway, it’s been a while since I had butterflies L I think the last time was 3 or 4 years ago. I’m starting to wonder if I’ll ever feel them again. Maybe I’m too old for all that chivalry stuff now. I’m hoping it’s just that I don’t get out enough. It’s about to get cold outside (for California) and I’d like to spoon with someone cute under a goose down.

No comments: