Sunday, October 11, 2009

I kinda bet the farm this weekend

I was supposed to not spend a penny, one red hot cent. That was my goal. But then I found those leather Ugg boots I'd been searching high and low for and they were on sale for 50% off ($160), so I bought em. Then I finally found some dining room chairs to replace these ugly old ones that I'm embarrassed to have, and they were on sale ($263 for four). So I bought them too. And then, while perusing the mall with my fam I discovered that Ann Taylor was having yet another sale - an additional 40% off sale prices this time. So I bought a dress and two boat neck tops from them. Then I went grocery shopping at Costco (I only go there when I want to stock up on stuff and don't want to have to go to the store for a LONG time, and since hibernating season is upon us, I went) and spent $200 some odd dollars. This was not what I had planned for my weekend. In fact, I wasn't even supposed to leave the house. But I had guests intrude upon me on both days and both sets wanted me to tag along with THEM on shopping excursions. None of them spent as much as me, the only one of us who was supposed to be on a retail diet. Therefore, I slightly suck. I say slightly because I did buy two things we needed - food and dining room chairs. I didn't, however, truly need those boots or the Ann Taylor stuff but they were STEALS, so I couldn't pass them up :( Hence me partially sucking. I can't wait to wear my boots though :)

2 comments:

trE said...

LOL, look at you getting your splurge on... We must see those boots!

Me said...

I hope i get them! I ordered them from a website on Yahoo that I've never ordered from before and paid with Paypal, so I'm scared. I tried a pair of them on at Marshalls a couple weekends ago and they're really comfy. But when I went back to Marshalls they were gone so thus began my hunt.