Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ugh

My day has gone from sugar to shit in less than an hour. If you've been reading you might recall that I was excited about buying a pair of leather Ugg boots online that I'd been searching high and low for ever since I saw them in Marshalls for $165. But I hesitated and they sold out.
I was super desperate. I looked and called everywhere but no dice except online, of course. But the online prices were double what I could pay. Then I stumbled on this cheapy looking website on Yahoo. It didn't look reputable at all and the only forms of payment they accepted were Visa or Paypal. And I was desperate. So I signed up for Paypal and ordered these too-good-to-be-true boots I just HAD to have. I emailed the vendor asking them when they'd ship them and they responded in some of the worst Chinese ebonics I've ever read. I was nervous but, nevertheless, I pulled the trigger, figuring Paypal had my back. And if not Paypal, I knew damn well Mastercard did. For a week now I've been sweating bullets, wondering if these Chinese folks had run off with my money. So, unable to take the suspense any longer, I filed a complaint with Paypal. The next day I received this email from the Chinese folks:

Dear Valerie,
We feel so sorry for the late reply. Also, we feel so sorry for the late shipping. We inform you before, the item sold out but get back already. We shipped you by express already. We expect you will receive within this week or coming monday.We are not using UPS. We use EMS express service. Would you mind cancel the claim action by paypal? We promise if you still haven't receive before deadline. We will refund full payment to you. Anyway, we agree the wait is too long. Sorry again. Thank you for your patience !

:( I got home today and saw that the mailman did attempt to deliver something from China so I rushed to the Post Office to pick up my package. Got the box home, cut it open and discovered that I got GOT. They are clearly Ugg knock offs and not very good knock offs at that. Super pleather and the zipper is on the wrong side. I am so so sad. They don't even fit! I called Paypal to file another complaint and tomorrow I'm calling my credit card company to dispute the charges. I suppose that's what I get for not listening to my gut. Please pray for me and my refund. I'mma be SICK if I don't get my money back. Thanks *sigh

No comments: