Monday, January 11, 2010

Ay, dios mio

They're going to listen to me someday. I knew this would happen and I couldn't resist saying "I TOLD ya so." My nephew is an immature 18 year old. Duh, right? He turned 18 in October and he still crawls into my mothers bed and cuddles with her like he's still two years old. His main ambition up until 8 months ago was fun, sex, fun, sex and more fun and sex. I can't think of one person who didn't know this about him. Including his now "baby's mama" :(
It was clear from the very beginning that he was dating her because she drove him everywhere he wanted to be and paid his way. She's...very accommodating. A week before his prom he broke up with her and was taken to the prom by two other girls. He's always had other girls. The very next day Tiye, his soon-to-be-born daughter's mother, called him and told him she was pregnant and keeping the baby.
Only he and I were devastated over this news. Call me Ms. Cleo because now, 8 months and a couple weeks away from delivering, Tiye is using the baby as leverage against him and threatening to omit his last name on the birth certificate, and my nephew is a wreck.
I hate that he is serving as the very example that I told my son not to be - giving someone else authority to dictate your life. If you're going to have sex like a grown person, don't do it all willy nilly; wrap it up! This is your life that's on the line.
So we went to Tiye's baby shower on Saturday and she told us that she'd finally - after more than two point 5 years of nonsense! - had enough of my nephew's nonsense. Ya don't say? It took you this long, huh? Right before the baby is born, and now you want to get fed up. How convenient. I guess it's better to get some sense late than never.
They're going to learn to listen to me someday.

No comments: