Thursday, January 28, 2010

Get, Get, Getitgirrrrrrl!

I stuck to my plan and went straight to the gym after work yesterday. I have a new "friend" ;) who's helping me get in shape *swoon (his body is SICK!), and telling me what to eat. So yesterday, at his behest, I ate a bunch of healthy and semi-healthy snacks to kick my metabolism into high gear. I was eating and munching ALL day, so when I got to the gym I went hard with the workout. Push ups, crunches on an incline, some thigh machine thing where you lie on your stomach and bend your legs at the knees to lift the weight, and then an hour on the stepper/cross ski thing. 45minutes into my step/ski routine and I was no longer the Energizer Bunny. I was the damn competitor bunny :(. The LCD screen on the machine said "pedal backwards" so, being the trooper that I am, I did and just about died. OMG, after going 45 minutes strong of pedaling forward my thighs and butt were already pretty fatigued, so to then pedal backwards ??? That was the kill move. My stride slowed down considerably and I was hanging on to the machine for dear life, trying to finish out the hour, not caring who saw me. I made it to the hour and skipped the 5 minute cool down, but when I got off the machine I was wobbly as hell, lol. The walk from the gym to my car was the cool down.
Today, I'm not sore, thankfully, because I've been pretty active for a while now. But I definitely feel reminders of yesterday's workout. My friend says I need to eat more, especially if I'm going to continue to work out this hard, but I don't know how I'm going to do it. I'm never really that hungry. This is why celebs are in better shape than us - they have trainers AND personal chef's so they don't have to do anything but follow directions and sit down and eat. I have to create my own meals and routine.
Anyway, so after I left the gym last night I ate an apple in the car on the way to the petstore to buy Seth (our gecko) some worms and crickets. Then when I got home I grilled some salmon and ate a cup of steamed carrots after my shower and shampoo. My eyes got heavy around 9pm lying on the couch, and by 10 I was sleeping like a rock. Of course, today I am taking it sort of easy. I have dinner plans with a good friend and after that I'm reading a book and calling it a night. Yay me! This'll be a habit soon...I hope.