Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We joined the gym

And yesterday was our second day going. So far, I've walked/ran on a treadmill, rode a bike, and cross country...ski'd? I don't know what that machine is called but it was sort of like riding a bike without a seat and using your arms to ski. I'm too shy to go downstairs and use the weights because that's where all the guys hang out. My boy is gung-ho though. He's in there like a warrior and kind of over doing it. I had to tell him to relax on that cross country ski machine thingy before he lost control and bopped himself in the mouth. But were it not for him, I'd be working out in my living room to exercisetv.tv. I'm glad he's bugging me to get out of the house and workout though, because it really does something good for my mood. I've noticed that I haven't been feeling as antsy and stressed as I used to, and I've been getting better rest (Sunday - today). I hate to say this but a burglar could let himself in through a window and throw a party in my living room and I wouldn't know until I found the mess at sunrise. It's been me and my pillow against the world. No time to focus on minute details in the grand scheme of it all, and I like that a lot :) I'm making progress and ticking things off my to-do lists with fury. Y es, listS. I've become anal but the gym is going to solve all that.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Exercise TV is awesome! I absolutely have to have it as well. Definitely keeps me motivated, especially when it was the holidays. They have some great workouts on their website at http:www.exercisetv.tv

If you can't get to a TV, their website is great. Keep it up!!!

rashad said...

Operation Svelte has begun for you too! Good luck!