Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I was supposed to go to the gym tonight

But since I'm not going I feel tremendously guilty. We've been in there strong, 3-4 days a week since January 1st. And today I just couldn't bring myself to get up and go and suddenly, I feel like a big fat failure. I'm afraid I'm going to fall off and all my efforts will have been for nothing. I'm going tomorrow, no matter what. I just have to get my mind right early in the day, I think.
This is what I forfeited cable TV for. I have to go.

I'm waiting on an email. I've been waiting since, oh, about 12pm today. It's not a good look, waiting on an email. It's all you can think about. Utterly distracting. So I close my laptop and walk away to do something else. But before long I'm wondering if the email has finally come so I check. And I check...and I check. Now the minute I finally give up on checking, the damn email is going to come. Watch. That's how these things always work. I hate this. I'm suspended in suspense.
Okay, I'm going to check one more time and then I'm shutting down the computer.

3 comments:

Carolinaware said...

As long as you went today...Don't beat yourself up too bad for not going. Just make sure you get there soon.

Me said...

Thanks :) This morning I laid my workout clothes across the bed so as soon as I walk in the door I can get dressed and get out while I still have momentum, lol. I'll be glad when this becomes a habit.

trE said...

LOL @ you and that email... Ahh, I miss being excited about waiting on responses in email form...