Monday, April 5, 2010

The oddest thing happened

As soon as my crush with “the 6’4 brother” crashed and burned a miserable death, two guys of another persuasion began to openly admire me. I’m kind of shocked and not sure whether to move forward or take a seat somewhere. So far, I've been pretty apprehensive but I think I'm going to make a move soon.

Both are very handsome, both are over 6 feet tall, both seem to have their shit together, both are of another race, and both are hitting on me rather hard. I’ve never dated outside my race, and it’s not because I’m blindly committed to black guys and don’t find others attractive. It’s because none of the others have ever tried to date me before. Well, none that I was attracted to at least. So I’m a little lost here. This is unchartered territory for me, and I know that they say that a man is a man is a man but I just don’t buy that. Will these men be able to relate to me, understand me as a woman of another race and background?

So far, we’ve remained above the surface, sticking to the point of what brought us together while exchanging pleasantries and weather reports and what have you. One of them is a 39 year old widow with an adorable 2 year old daughter, the other is a divorced 33 year old with no kids. Meanwhile, "the guy who's trying to woo me" is still lurking about. I asked him what he wanted from me the other day – to rekindle our relationship? occasional sex? What? – and he said “for you to be happy.”

I had no come back. That’s what I want, too.

So... I’m curious to see exactly what these “other” two guys want from me. I figure I have nothing to lose so why not, right? If it proves to be something to write home about, I'll let you know.

No comments: