Thursday, June 25, 2009

Calgon, take me away

I'm so tired. My only ambition is going home and relaxing. I just don't have it in me today and my vacation couldn't come fast enough. I'm ready to begin my rejuvenation, leave town and my responsibilities for a couple of days, eat well, see/learn new things, meet new people, rest and treat myself well. I want a mani/pedi, a massage and a new hair style. This hampster wheel is exhausting and it's high time I got off for a bit. Some big wigs are visiting the office today and my boss is piling my plate sky high with things to do before tomorrow but my mind is resisting it all. My mind is urging me to go home, it's coming up with all these reasons why I should and how I could. Perhaps this is cause for a mental health day. I can't take it anymore, I'm just not here today. When Judith on Two and a Half Men went to Hawaii, Charlie and Allen were wondering what she needed a vacation for, and Jake told them "to get away from me. Duh." They cued the laugh track but I wasn't laughing. That was so real and on the money, it wasn't funny.
Maybe I can make it through one more day :(

1 comment:

trE said...

I remember that episode and I was dying... I'd have to get away from that kid too... I hope you truly enjoy your time off and away from the daily hustle and bustle of it all, lady. :)