Saturday, June 20, 2009

Untitled

Do you ever think about your past loves? Maybe I'm using "love" too loosely. Do you ever reminisce on old romances? I do. I think I've had some pretty great ones. A bunch of little chick flick movie moments. Forget about the deal breakers and all of the seemingly (or actually) bad stuff that ultimately led to the demise of these relationships and just swoon over the plush, sweet and juicy times. I don't think I'll ever forget the names of those who truly stood out with me. I'm going to do my best not to. I may have granddaughters someday who might appreciate hearing these stories. Like Gabe. I'm just going to focus on the good things here, lol. Gabe was a bartender. He bragged to his friends that I was a "slim Hawaiian silky" hahaha. He gave me a piggy back ride, to my giggling dismay, through the South Bay Galleria mall parking lot and into the Sharper Image where we goofed around some more and the store clerks (two young guys who I believe that, had I not been with Gabe, wouldn't have taken a liking to me) allowed me to ride a display scooter all around the store like a maniac. Gabe glared at them like the alpha male wolf and then whisked me away to the food court where we shared a gigantic brownie sundae. He let me beat him at bowling. In the car he confided in me that he sometimes raps in the shower freestyle. So naturally I asked him to bust a rhyme and he did. It was about me :) and it was the cutest rap I've ever heard. I told him about my kissing fish, Jaws, dying when I was 18 after living 15 long years. A week later he surprised me with two pink kissers (although Jaws was a gray kisser, but it was the sentiment that slayed me).
Then there was Eric. He didn't have a shy bone in his perfectly chiseled, younger-than-me body. Oy vey :) We sat in my car outside of my cousins apartment talking and he kept having to go inside and upstairs to use the bathroom. So finally I suggested that he just go in the bushes. Joking, of course. He accused me of wanting to see "it". We both laughed and then, serious, he asked me if I did. (insert PG-13 warning here) He said he had no problem at all showing me if I wanted to see it. So he did :) He unbuttoned and then unzipped his jeans, reached way down inside his crotch, and I swear to you, he carefully unfolded his manhood (shoutout to Harlequin) and laid it on his leg. Awe struck and, I won't lie, completely intrigued I did nothing with it. I've never truly been bout it, bout it, unfortunately. Anyway, we had lots of moments like that - totally turned on, awe-inpsiring PG-13 and 17 moments, but nothing ever came of them (I'm sure he hates me for that). I've never felt more beautiful in my life than I did with him. I remember standing in his kitchen in some shorts and wedge heeled sandals looking at a bunch of pictures strewn across the dining table, while he was getting us something to drink from the fridge, and he turned around with a glass of water and said, matter of factly, "damn, you got some pretty ass legs." Dios mio, I had FUN with him.
There's no way I'll ever forget "R". He still cuts my grass, lol. When we first met, I was thrown by the fact that he looked 12 and 22 at the same time. When I was sick, he bought me a pink Care Bears gown that said "Somebody Loves Me" on it, and he MADE me a card using his moms rubber stamp collection and embossing heat gun. Our first date was to see The Bodyguard with Whitney Houston. During our walk home that night he asked me a bunch of questions and I just remember going off on one of those teenaged romantical tangents and saying that I wanted romance, to find my knight on a white horse (please try not to vomit). Later on, as our relationship progressed and he was getting frustrated with me and my fickleness, he reminded me of what I'd said that night and he told me "EYE'm HIM! I'm the guy on the horse!" lol. The next thing you know we're in love and having a baby. The rest is wild history.

3 comments:

rashad said...

I want to write an entry like this, but streets are watchin...

Me said...

I wish you could. I'd love to read it. Reminiscing is good for your health ;)

Anonymous said...

I really really like this post and 6/19/09 post!
I think about past flings and friendships all the time! makes you totally think how time flies and also makes you appreciate the people that you still have in your life.
-pmg