Monday, June 29, 2009

This is some bullshit

How do you go to work and get sick? Because lousy motherfuckers just refuse to keep their sick, germy asses at home! So I'm sitting at my desk this morning drinking a bottle of orange juice that I got out of the work fridge and my throat is feeling a little scratchy. Now I was fine and energized just yesterday, smiling and feeling absolutely fine, so I think it's the acidic orange juice messing with my throat. I cough. Then I cough some more, and some more. And then my coworker, the annoying one who kisses his muscles, pumps his fists and thinks he's cute, comes by my door and says "oh, you've got that cough that's going around, huh? I've got some great cough drops if you want one." I say no, thank you, it's just the orange juice. lol. Silly me. I had no idea there was a "cough going around." Then it dawns on me that this asshole must've came to work sick and spread his germs, which is WHY he just so happened to have a fucking bag of Ricola at his desk. So I'm coughing and coughing and he brings me a cough drop, despite me telling him it was unnecessary. Clearly, he knew something I did not at the time.
Anyway, I spent the remainder of my day feeling woozy and coughing. I haven't been sick in over two years! I successfully avoided all the sicko's at work for a LONG period of time. At one point I was the only person in my office that had not caught the latest cold that had been going around. And now I've been blindsided. Ambushed! I was totally unprepared for this hot weather bullshit. I am ANGRY. I just don't understand how hard it is, especially if you're a salaried employee, to keep your sick ass at home and spare us all. I don't get it. My only explanation is that the people who do this are selfish and insensitive jerks. And this isn't his first or even his second offense. He's the asshole who spread his stye all around the office and then pretended like it wasn't him. Meanwhile, both of his eyes were the first to be fucked up, swollen and gooey. Arrrggghhh! And this is a holiday weekend, too. I'm so upset. I feel like kneeing him in the groin.

1 comment:

trE said...

Or one could just be a workaholic and not want to stay home w/ the sickies all by their lonesome... Ugh, you've got the ickies as well. Mook called me yesterday morning sounding horrible and stating she would stay home. Today, she called me and sounds much better. Stay home if you get the cooties come tomorrow and save the rest of your office :) LOL...Thumbs down to your co-worker.