Thursday, June 11, 2009

Crawling towards Friday

Work was insane this week. I'm beat and ready for my weekend to begin. We have tickets to the Playboy Jazz festival and I'm really looking forward to going. Esperanza Spaulding, Eric Darius, etc. etc. etc. The Hollywood Bowl is a fantastic venue to see a concert in. They let you bring just about whatever you want so we're packing a picnic (I'm picking up sushi beforehand) with booze and bringing blankets and pillows to get comfy on those old benches under the stars. The last time I was there I saw Etta James perform and boy is she a vulgar old woman, lol. At one point I thought she was really going to try to strip with her old ass, in response to them chanting "take it off!" I think she might've if she'd had the strength but she looked like an antique up there - one false move and it would be her last curtain call. Anyway, the late Wayman Tisdale was billed to perform so now instead a group of the artists are planning to do a tribute to him. I hope I don't cry. Somehow, I'm sure I will though.

2 comments:

rashad said...

I'm jealous you get to see Esperanza. I missed her here in DC last month

trE said...

:) I want to see Esperanza in concert. I hope she makes it this way sometime soon. I've heard such good things about her.