Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's Tuesday already?

I ran amok on Monday but I got a lot accomplished. Friday I went out with two super cool girls in hijabs and learned a few things - 1) folks tend to think that wearing a hijab is akin to wearing a nuns habit (it's not). Therefore, they bestow much more respect upon them than they do to women who don't wear hijabs or habits (which aren't similar at all). 2) Wearing a hijab is the equivalent of a Christian wearing a cross around her neck. Sure, they wear them in public and, especially around men, but that doesn't mean they won't take 'em off ;) 3) Muslim women are just like the rest of us women. They swear in public. They hollahollaholla (Suzan), too, and are open to being hollered at by regular, non-Muslim men 4) There is a plethora of fine Samoan men in the Long Beach/South Bay area. I went to school down there. How on EARTH could I forget?? So after all this laughing and learning, I began my trek home at 2:45am only to find that the freeway I needed to get home, was CLOSED OFF (!@#$%$&!!!). I ended up having to drive ALL the way around this humongous city of mines, in a big ass circle, sleepy as HELL, trying to get home as fast as possible before I fell asleep behind the wheel. Only to find that the freeway that would get me to final destination WAS CLOSED DOWN TOO! I had to get off AGAIN and take the streets downtown in order to get back on that same freeway at another point, and continue the rest of my trek with 30 minutes to go until I was reunited with my beloved pillow. I made it to my bed at 3:45am and was a zombie all Saturday. Can you imagine if I drank?? Yeah, it's a good thing I don't.

No comments: