Saturday, September 26, 2009

Crushed out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxW9RyoCUsU&feature=related

and Don't Be Shy (two of my favorite songs)





Went to see Goapele last night and she was wonderful (listen above). She looked fabulous, especially considering that she's a new mom. Every time I go out I people watch and analyze. Especially mating rituals. Last night was no exception. The Conga Room was filled with absolutely beautiful women, stunning, and just as many men, if not more. I watched these women, very likely single, walk back and forth, round and round, doing the mating dance, and vying to be seen. Yet, men hugged the walls, the stage where Slum Village performed, hell, each other, lol...and otherwise, just ...oggled. The only hooking up I saw was either from couples that came in together or women literally throwing themselves at men who looked disinterested. The current mating dance sucks. The only "men" making bold moves were lesbians dressed in mens clothing. And they were super aggressive! I thought I was going to have to box two of them for trying to get a little too friendly with me in that crowd. They were 50% of the reason I wore a scowl for most of the night - a smile might get misconstrued as an invitation. The other reason was because my feet hurt like hell from having stood up for so friggin long waiting in line to get in, waiting for two unknown hip hop acts to finish spitting on the mic, waiting and walking and waiting for Goapele to finally go on. And when she finally did, I finally smiled and relaxed and sighed, lol. She truly was great. However, her act was short and so was my demeanor once she left the stage. I couldn't help it. I'm old and surly now and that scene and that crowd was not my cup o'tea. Again I ask, where do all the grown folks hang out!? Like...28 and up? Someone like him? :) I won't be going back to anything where a rapper or hip hop act is performing. Thanks. I'm totally over it.
Here's video of Goapele performing last night (I was dancing. Sorry):

and here's us at Katsuya eating dinner










1 comment:

rashad said...

I absolutely LOVE Goapele. she never comes to dc though..