Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Somethings Missing

Despite having all the things you think you need, have you ever felt a deep void that you couldn't quite place your finger on? That's how I feel right now. I don't know what it is. My motivation to move forward is sluggish. And I know I need to do this, that and the other and keep it moving but I just don't have that something driving me to do it. I come home and just about every day I feel that there is something I need that's missing but I don't know what it is. On the surface and on paper all looks well - house, car, job, friends, family, health, etc. I should be fine, textbook okay. However, I am not content. This is clearly something that I cannot buy, steal, or barter for, otherwise I'd have it already and this post wouldn't exist. I just have to keep asking myself what I need, what has been moved and what I can replace it with...I guess.
Somethings missing and I don't know how to fix it
Somethings missing and I don't know what it is...
when autumn comes, it doesn't ask
it just walks in where it left you last
you never know when it starts
until theres fog inside the glass around your summer heart (c) John Mayer

1 comment:

trE said...

I know this feeling all too well. I'm often down on myself; hard if you will, and this is partly the reason why: I can't figure out why I'm not totally and completely happy...

That time will come though, I know it will. It'll arrive for you too lady :)