Thursday, September 3, 2009

School Registration SUCKS!

I'm sitting here smelling like fried onions and wet pavement, hot, sweaty and clammy. Our registration time was scheduled for 8:30 this morning and when we got there at 8:15 the line was already rounding the curb. So before I parked I had Miles jump out to go stand in line. It was already 80 degrees outside and I was aggravated. I parked, grabbed the paperwork and my purse and began walking to where he was in line when all of a sudden he sees a friend of his and DECIDES TO GET OUT OF LINE TO GO GIVE HIM DAPS! I was furious, yelled for him to get back in line but it was too late and he was paralyzed with fear. The big dummy had let 8 kids in front of us and now we were back at the end of the line. I was HEAT-ED.
So there we stood, in the heat, sun beaming down hard on us like Moses in the desert, flies and little bugs drawn to our funk, nibbling at my legs and neck, annoying the hell out of me FOR 1 HOUR only to be told once we reached the front of the line that we couldn't register because there were overdue books checked out in his name. Why they didn't mail me a note telling me this back when they mailed me the registration paperwork is beyond me. Meanwhile, I'm missing work and getting funkier by the minute as well as annoyed just KNOWING that my boss is having a couple of baby cows. So we left the line and went to the book check out spot...only to find that there was yet another friggin line! Now, we went through this same crap last year; the book lady gave me much unnecessary attitude claiming that we owed over $100 for two books that I knew for certain had been turned in, but she pretty much called me a liar and sent me on my way, kid unregistered. I had to go home and dig up my receipt then head over to his jr. high school and have them print out a statement confirming that the books had been returned, and then I had to drive back to the book lady and slam the printout on the counter in her face. So I knew I was in for some more bullshit today. I think my eye was twitching when I finally made it the front of the line but I didn't huff or puff, I was quiet as a mouse, waiting to be acknowledged, trying to remain calm. But what does this retarded, four-eyed old woman do? She looks right over my head and asks the folks behind me what they need help with. I almost committed hari kari up in there. Are you kidding me? My composure was hanging on by a thread at this point so I sternly asserted myself and this goofy broad says that she didn't see me standing right there in front of her. Long story short, she gave me bullshit and told me, in so many words, to go tell someone who cares. So I went straight to the assistant principals office. What a beautiful, marvelous woman she is. Who knew!? She straightened everything out for us, probably sensing that I was about lose my mind (up in here, up in here). She even corrected his schedule, printed it out for us, instructed the book lady to let me register by only paying the $10 fine and making payment arrangements later unless the books showed up and my boys good name was cleared, whichever came first. I was so relieved but I knew I still had a few idiots to deal with because we still weren't done. And sure enough I ended up having to cuss someone out. The fat white lady at the Attendance window. She saw that Miles had his books already and his schedule out of registration order, and she flipped because the process was to turn in paperwork, take ID photo, get schedule, get clearance to get books, get books, and then get a locker and what not. We hadn't turned in the paperwork yet, which was the first step. So she takes his schedule, asks him how he got his books so soon, chastises him and then says he's not getting his schedule back until she see's that he's cleared to have it. Um, wrong answer, bitch. And that's when I officially lost it. I went off so hard on that woman and told her to either call the assistant principal right then and there, or give me his schedule back. She gave me his schedule back. Miles was embarrassed but I couldn't give a hot damn at that moment. I only wanted to be under some air conditioning. I didn't get to work until noon.

1 comment:

rashad said...

Man oh man, I wish I could have seen your face right before you went off. You're a good parent my friend.