Sunday, September 6, 2009

My mother is an enabler

She's giving my cousin, who she raised along with me like my sister, a hard time because my cousin wants her 17 year old son to get a job. Since July, when he didn't graduate high school with his class, he's done nothing but loaf around and get high every day. Oh, and he also has a girlfriend 3-months pregnant with his child, meaning he'll be someones dad in 6 months to top it all off. I'm not understanding my mothers venom for my cousin, considering she didn't allow us to sit still long enough to even think about loafing. So today she called me with this very displeased tone, as if with every word she had to spit, talking about how my cousin needs to put her man out and quit giving her son such a hard time. Did I mention that he didn't even graduate high school and isn't trying to go to anybody's summer school so he can at least finish? Yeah, no, he didn't and isn't. He played football and got high for two years, truly defiant and disrespectful towards his mother the whole time. Yet that's her fault, not his. The whole conversation was pissing me off so bad that I ended up hanging up on my mother. She knows she's wrong. If the shoe were on the other foot...HELL, when the shoe WAS on the other foot she behaved 10x worse than my cousin is behaving. I don't see how wanting this boy to either get a job or finish school is so deplorable. "She's hurting his feelings!" What? I couldn't deal with it any longer so...I hung up :( And really, I'm not even sorry I did. She's dead fucking wrong and it offends my entire existence that she refuses to own up to it.

1 comment:

trE said...

*shrugs* Sometimes, I am so glad I've yet to drink the koolaid my mother's obviously been downing for years b/c she straight up ignores some of the things my brothers do, but had I done any of these things, oh... Hell would break fucking loose... Parents make my head hurt sometimes.