Tuesday, February 24, 2009

(Simulated) Baby Daddy

My son's going to be a father. I've signed the papers and agreed to have him bring his baby home for 5 days. It's either this or community service and he chose this. They say these things cry like every 3 or 4 hours. I don't know how I feel about that, but hey, at least I don't have to soothe the thing. He says they told him we'll have to buy it clothes. I'm thinking of just wrapping it in some of HIS clothes though. I mean, I'm not investing in baby clothes for a kid we'll only have for 5 days. He can't abuse it and he has to carry it in an assigned baby carrier, and if he gives it a tattoo or breaks a limb I have to cough up $55-150. We've been trying to figure out where it's going to sleep because we don't want to risk it falling out of his bed and subsequently showing signs of abuse. I wonder if it'll be a Black baby. His dad was trying to talk him out of it but he really doesn't want to do that community service. I've heard of this sort of thing but I doubt this program dissuades teen pregnancy. 5 days isn't nearly enough to go bonkers over being a parent. It's going to be funny watching a 6 foot 1 teen boy carry around a baby doll though.

No comments: