Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tax season...ugh.

I'm slightly shook. A very wise friend tells me that if i mess up, old unckie sam will politely send me a letter telling me where I fucked up and how to correct it. How nice, but what if I forget to include something? Sam aint gonna know if I omitted something that could likely reap me dough and keep me from owing. I don't think. Ugh. I hate this entire process. I think I'm mostly worried about not getting the maximum refund that I could get, lol. And owing. God forbid I end up owing. I called an accountant today who was highly recommended to me and this jokester quoted me $325. Haaaaheheheeeeehaaaahahahaha! I told her that I wouldn't need an appointment, thanks. What the hell? Even if I mess up doing them myself for FREE, I highly doubt my flub would cost me anywhere near $325. How hard could adding a house, a couple of retirement vehicles, and a UGMA be? She tried to justify her price by telling me about her overhead - staff, rent, tax computer programs. But hell, if she's charging everyone that much or more (because she said sometimes it's more) all of her overhead will be MUCH more than paid for. I wanted to ask her if she was throwing in a diamond necklace with her service. She must be an alcoholic drug addict.
Anyway, so I'll be visiting irs.gov this evening and weekend with a pencil in my ear and a lil green visor on :) just for kicks. Come ooooon, big money!!

No comments: