Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wild Wild West


Outlaw Laura "Della Rose" Bullion might've been proud.


Ok, so maybe not since I'm certainly not planning any train or bank robberies. I'm nowhere near gully enough for all that. But I am planning on buying a gun and using it. Seriously.
I went to the gun range today and discovered how sexy shooting is. Who knew? My stepdad has been pestering me for months about buying a gun for protection since I live alone with my son. Prior to today, I gritted my teeth at the thought of owning one, handling one, or using one, but it really wasn't so bad. In fact, it was damn good. The next time I go - because I will most definitely be back - I'm going to wear a dress and see how it feels to shoot in a pair of high heels, lol (<---that's the result of watching too much TV. I'm picturing Brigitte Nielsen in Beverly Hills Cop). I just hope I don't fall on my ass. I also hope I never ever have to use it in my own home. Better to be safe than sorry, though, right?
Fortunately, I live in a very good area of town. But criminals have been known to travel. The Rose Parade queen can attest to that:

No comments: