Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Toxic

Why make someone a priority who sees you as an option? I can't remember who said that, and I'm pretty sure I paraphrased it, but the sentiment is correct. I had to ask myself that question long ago and the answer wasn't so clear to me. I had no idea why I allowed myself to be mistreatd by certain people in my life, people who claimed to love me. Maybe it was lack of self-respect. Maybe it was my nature to give that drove me. I'm not sure but that quote helped change me, reading it opened my eyes and I've since stopped being a doormat for those who make it clear through their actions (or lack thereof) that they don't appreciate, let alone give a damn about me. These days, I waste no time removing them from my life and I don't consider them once they're gone. Cest la vie.

My son says I sing all the time now. I hadn't noticed but I guess he's right. I do. In the car, in the shower, while cooking dinner, while cleaning up, as soon as I come home from work... I'm happier than I've been in a long time *knock on wood*. I feel like I've won the lottery.

No comments: