Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Not-so-sweet dreams

I keep having this crazy dream where I can't dial the phone. I don't remember who I'm trying to call but that's not as important as me not being able to call them to save my life, and I'm quite frantic about it. I'll dial the first two numbers very carefully, practically in tears I'm so nervous, and then by the third or fourth number I've misdialed and have to hang up and start all over again! This goes on and on and, for some reason, I just have to make this phone call, lol. This is a nightmare, of course.
Another one that I have is just as bizarre and I'd like to get to the bottom of it, too. I'm walking around either barefoot or with one shoe on while decked out in a ballgown. It's really disconcerting because not only is it fucking up my outfit, but my feet are cold and dusty, too. Sometimes the lone shoe is a pink, furry house shoe, which certainly does not go with a ballgown. I just remember being really distressed and embarrassed in this dream, looking for my shoes. Oh, and sometimes I end up naked with just the right shoes on. That's the worst.
So what does this all mean? Am I truly worried about a fashion faux pas and not getting through to someone by phone? Or is there a deeper meaning behind this unconscious anarchy that needs analyzing? I need a dream interpreter. I guess it might help if I mention that I usually have these the night before a big meeting.

No comments: