Friday, April 17, 2009

It's a new day

I'm no longer angry. And not because my ex sent my son home last night with a plate of food for me to take for lunch today, trying to make amends. Although that did help a bit. The situation isn't lost on me. I merely slept on it. Part of me wants to delete that post but I won't. If I didn't still care about that ridiculous man I doubt this would bother me as much. But having him as an integral part of my life for 15 years, it's virtually impossible for me, with my nature, to treat him like a stranger who doesn't matter (I'm working on that though and if he keeps this up he will shuttle me right along to that point pretty quickly). We've shared a lot of life.
Anyway, TGIF and all that. I have a Happy Hour Mani Pedi appointment with mi madre later on today and I'm really REALLY looking forward to it. One week from today, we'll be on our way to Vegas for the jazz festival :)

3 comments:

rashad said...

You sound a lot better today..although I've been where you were with my son's mother before, and it aint pretty.

Me said...

Thanks. I AM better :). My feelings were quite hurt though.

trE said...

Glad things are running a bit smoother now and not as tense :) That's good news to read, lady.