Thursday, April 23, 2009

Men are a strange breed

One thing I can say for women is that if there’s anything on our dome, we generally want to talk about it . We don’t expect you to read our minds because we understand that most folks are not mind readers (yes, I'm generalizing but I can do that, it's my blog. I welcome all rebuttals though :) ). Throughout most of my relationship with my ex he fully expected me to be able to read his mind. When I was younger, I used to try, lol. I’d actually waste time trying to put the pieces together, pinpoint exactly when and where his tizzy began and what we were both doing at that time, like I was Columbo and shit. Eventually, I’d give up and go on about my business, actively not speaking to someone who wasn’t speaking to me. At which point he’d realize I had given up and was no longer going to suffer his foolishness. No attention was being paid to that nonsense. So then he’d either want to discuss the issue – weeks or months after the fact and if I didn’t write it down I damn sure wouldn’t remember. Yes, I believe he was/is crazy – or he'd pretend like nothing ever happened at all because he was either over it by then, or he wanted me to suffer more time in fruitless thought. Naturally, after years of this ridiculousness, I had become a pro at dealing with it and the wait time (or my “suffering” time) lessened greatly and what used to take a month, would take a week. So he’d try new tricks. Games, of course, like his trusty video game system or all the programs on ESPN, from golf to basketball to football and even tennis. I am a mother and haven’t the time to regularly entertain bullshit mind games. Enjoy at your leisure but don’t try to hijack my time. Let’s argue and get to the bottom of the issue because I’ve got shit to do.

So now he’s on another binge. We are no longer a couple and we don’t live together. This weekend I will be funning and suning in Las Vegas and our son will be in his full care. This has been the plan for over two months. Three weeks ago, my ex was woe-is-me’ing about two personal issues in his life, both dealing with money (mm hmm). I felt really bad and offered to help where I could but he wouldn’t tell me the specifics of his issues – just that they were awful. Okay, so not knowing what, exactly, is going on, I’m sort of limited in my assistance here. But I let him know that I’m here to help where possible, just say the word. Having known him forever I suspected he was playing some sort of game but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Shortly after that I caught him in a lie about something that pertained to us and an agreement we made. It was so obviously a lie, and while I was disappointed, I’m not one to make a huge deal of many things. My modus operandi is to quit dealing with a person in a specific capacity, rather than waste my time bitching and moaning. Wash my hands of it and keep it moving, unless waging a battle is absolutely imperative. Otherwise, if you show me you can’t be trusted, it’s quite simple – I just won’t trust your ass anymore. Period. However, before I lathered up and prepared to rinse, I had to ask him/confront him (in a nice way) just to make sure he knew that I knew and to rule out any uncertainties. He became defensive (of course. There's my confirmation!) and angry, and didn’t want to talk about it, his show was on. He never called me back. I washed my hands. Fast forward a week and he’s texting me about something routine with our son. I decide to ask him if everything was alright w/ his awful personal situation, told him I wished him the best and all that. He loses it and says he doesn’t want to deal with my bullshit. I remain calm (we’re texting), tell him that I was coming from a place of sincerity but I understand (basically, fuck you too! Asshole! I aint got time for this!) so I will leave him be from here on out. Then I dried my hands rather vigorously. Went on about my business. Why come the following day he’s being super duper nice to me? Cooking for me, asking me if I need this, that and the third, smiling and obviously crazy and/or up to something. I kept my cold composure and let it be what it be. He’s known me for years as well so he knows I have moved on and won’t be dealing with his bullshit. He starts to blow up my phone with niceties. I ignore 80% of them, leaving him alone, as promised. Then yesterday he texted me asking for a HUGE favor. I tell him, in so many words, “no problem. But what happened to you not wanting to deal with my bullshit?”
He flips and says “See!? That’s what I’m talking about. Forget it then!! FORGET IT!”
Dude is loco. I'm not going to feed the beast, but instead I will ignore him and go to Vegas worry free. If I bite, my entire weekend will be in jeopardy and I am NOT trying to have that happen. Loco-ono is on his own. VIVA LAS VEGAS, BABY!!!!

1 comment:

trE said...

Does he flip the script like this when it comes to your son? *shrugs* This guy seems terribly disturbed *on paper*, I can't imagine how he is in person, and definitely wouldn't want to know. All I know is this, I agree with your, "Men are a strange breed," title. They claim to know what they want, often-times do not, yet hiss at you when you fully know and show what you want... It's all one big mind-game waiting to erupt. I'm glad you washed your hands with the situation and decided to have grand fun in Vegas :) Enjoy!