Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I am exhausted. This morning’s earthquake didn’t help matters. I halfway bolted out of bed, my adrenaline pumping, thinking the planet wasn’t done rearranging itself after Haiti and Chile. Now, of course, they’re on the news saying this mornings 4.4 quake was a precursor to more quakes. They just love scaring us up. “The big one is going to hit in the next 30 years,” they said 15 years ago. Now they’re saying it again, “The big one is coming between now and 30s years.” They have no gatdamn clue, Ibet. They just love frightening people. Now my coworker is saying that we’re actually 150 years overdue for the Big quake. Great, just groovy. I’m adding museum putty to my list of things to buy this week and re-reading my insurance policy to see if I have earthquake insurance on my house. I probably don’t.

I need to pull myself together. Every morning I wake up on the wrong side of the bed and I don’t understand why. I could go to bed feeling great; I could spend all day feeling upbeat, in high spirits. But inevitably the following morning, as soon as I open my eyes and realize its morning, I feel incredibly sad. …Except during the weekends. I usually wake up ready to seize my day on Saturday and Sunday mornings. It’s like time stands still for me for those two days so that I can relax and get my shit in order. I’m not sure why this is but methinks it has something to do with my job. It’s a time suck. But I won’t get too far into that because you never know who is reading. Anyway, I seriously need to get myself together, get my mind back right, and I aim to.

In other news, I’m sort of geeked about my lunch pail collection J I just added an adorable shiny red and yellow Coca Cola one to the bunch and as I’m sitting here looking at it, I think I’ll photograph them all and post them up one of these days to show all 4 of you, my dear readers. In addition to the “coke box”, I have a Rosie the Riveter lunch box that I got from the Army Museum in Honolulu, a Wonder Woman lunchbox that I nabbed on ebay, a cheetah print one that I’ve had forever and don’t remember where I got it, and one with some zany little comic book character folks that I found at the bookstore. I get loads of compliments whenever I carry one of them, surprisingly, especially from the guys that I work with. They want to carry a lunchbox oh so bad but the talk is that it’s unmanly, so they’re living vicariously through me. Really. One day, as I was heating up my grub in the microwave, four of them were in the lunch room talking and the conversation shifted to how awesome my Rosie box is. They all want to bring their lunches but are at a loss as to what to carry them in. Brown paper bags look too goofy, and soft sacks look even goofier, lol, they say. So the one guy who cooks all his meals (like a champ, may I add. Dude even makes homemade soup and owns a bread machine) has decided to just stuff everything in Tupperware and tuck it deep down in his messenger bag, praying that nothing leaks. Further proof that being a woman totally rocks. I never worry about such nonsense. But I draw the line at Scooby Doo and Hello Kitty-type lunch pails ;)

1 comment:

rashad said...

I'm glad you're ok, and the earthquake wasn't the big one(c)Redd Foxx. It sounds like you didnt miss a bit