Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring weather got me singing :)

Boy, do I love the sunshine. And we've been getting plenty of it lately. The weather man predicts it’ll be 80 degrees today and nice and bright until 8pm, which has me cheesing :D. Yesterday I got home and the birds were chirp-chirping away. I opened all the windows and let the warm breeze in while I flipped through a magazine on the couch and thawed out some chicken for dinner.

Then my boy came home and announced that he’d like to join the school choir. His graphics design class designed the backdrop for the schools upcoming rendition of The Wiz (he made the yellow brick road) so they all got to stay and watch the first show for free, and all that singing inspired something in my boy. He says that “people” tell him he has a nice voice and he really dug all the “emotion being released” by the choir, so he’s thinking of joining. I like that he’s outgoing and likes to try his hand at just about everything but I really wish he’d find something he loves and stick with it. He’s played almost every sport at the school, he’s in the graphic design academy, he was on the debate team, etc. and now he’s thinking of joining the choir. I know this aint nothing but him watching too much Glee on TV, lol. Regardless, I’ll support it as always. I wonder if this will stick though. He claims he wants to be an MMA (mixed martial arts) fighter. This is normal for 15 year old boys, right? He changes his mind like the wind.

My friend cancelled the gold party that was scheduled for today. Hallelujah! So this evening is free for me. I’ll clean house like I do every Friday after work, then I’ll hit the gym, come home and shower and wash my hair, then maybe go out somewhere. I think the “Guy that’s Wooing Me” is planning to stop by, too. Last night we talked on the phone and somehow got on the subject of books and reading. I love books and reading and I don’t remember him really being as fond as I am of either (I’ve known him forever). But he objected, saying that, as a matter of fact, he’s reading a book right now.

“What book?” I asked, and he didn’t want to tell me, talking about “You’ll just talk shit or make a big deal out of nothing.” So I pressed and pressed and wouldn’t give up, and finally he told me that he’s been watching the History channel right? and they aired some really interesting religious episodes, and since his super religious ex-coworker had given him *one for Christmas a couple of years back, he decided to pick it up and has been READING THE BIBLE. It was so hard for me to contain my shock and awe but I’d promised not to make a big deal out of this. He’s always been somewhat spiritual, he gets on his knees and says his prayers every night, but that’s about it. He says he’s more than halfway through it. I’m going to casually ask to see this book one day if/when I’m ever at his place. I just cannot imagine this. From anyone else I wouldn’t be surprised but I find it terribly interesting that he’s reading The Good Book.

No comments: