Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lobster guy called

That's this frogs name - Lobster guy. Previous frogs were Trumpet guy, Waiter dude, Pimp playa Himalaya's, Candy Cane, Model mayhem, and Freshly.
So yeah, Lobster guy called me this evening saying that everything was going well down in Florida and that he wanted to catch up with me since our date last Wednesday. But I called to follow up with him last Thursday, the day after our date, and left him a voicemail message thanking him yet again for dinner, showing concern for his alleged ailment, and wishing him safe travels. But he's calling me back on Tuesday, 5 whole days later.
He's had time to think. So have I.
My guess is, he's thought about that dinner, talked about it repeatedly with his only friend, and felt like a sucka. Although that wasn't my intention, he walked into that on his own. But now he's really going to feel like a sucka because it's too late to do damage control. Sorry. I'm kicking him to the curb for his actions that night, as well as him neglecting to call for 5 days. He's going to need to learn to perfect that poker face in the future. I figure he feels like that dinner was an investment and now he wants to collect sex. He fucked up though by waiting 5 days to return my call (when that isn't his pattern), thus giving me more than enough time to step outside of the situation and see it/him for what it/he is. That benefit of a doubt window closed on Friday. I no longer like him or want to talk to him anymore. In the span of 2 hours he got more than a dozen strikes against him:
1. rude to the wait staff
2. stupid
3. commented on my meal more than twice, as if it was a problem
4. embarrassed me
5. didn't know what justice meant, and thought I was insulting him (lol)
6. didn't know what euthanized meant
7. tried to chastise me about not insisting on a better table
8. admitted to abandoning his son, saying "that dude his mom married takes good care of him. In fact, my son is spoiled. He don't want for nothing."
9. Bragged about his car and finances yet acted like a cheap sonofabitch at dinner
10. Didn't return my call for 5 days
11. Didn't know how to pay a restaurant bill
12. Didn't think to make a reservation (although that one is minor, but still...I'm on a roll here)
13. Talked too much and too negatively about a recent ex, causing me not to trust him
14. I no longer trust his motives.

Anyway, I was polite to him when he called and he said that he would call me back once he returns to Cali. At which point I plan to confront the situation, give him my take on things, ask him his take, and then politely say that it was nice while it lasted, but PEACE BE WITH YOU MY BROTHER. I'm out.
I hope he learns something from this experience. I certainly have.

2 comments:

rashad said...

Damn...dude dropped the ball completely. Makes me wonder what kind of women this dude got in the past

Me said...

Makes me wonder how his socially inept, dingbat ass was able to make a child. He's clearly been sheltered and is fronting in his fantasy world. I don't understand how it's even possible to have spent 20+ years in the military and not know how to pay a restaurant bill. Dios mio.