Monday, March 15, 2010

Where are my tunnel vision glasses?

I think I’m being wooed. He’s doing all sorts of nice things for me. The movies and surprising me with a great dinner, all the help around my house, being a shoulder and giving me extra money just for good measure, making breakfast, lunch, and dinner...I won’t lie, it’s feeling pretty good but I know that’s only because he’s a comfort that I’m used to. He’s easy and it wouldn’t take me any work or (much) frustration to settle in with him. I’ve been there, done that already (quite a bit, actually). It’s tempting, but only because it’s convenient and nothing else looks as good right now. I have to remind myself why I left in the first place. Nothing has changed but time and there hasn’t been enough of it. I can’t lose focus.

But man, does it feel good.

2 comments:

trE said...

Girl, keep your guard up and your mind constantly on play; no pausing... you'll miss something and fall into some sort of trap... then again, you never know...

Me said...

nah, youre right. Since this post I think we've both realized that not nearly enough time has passed. I'm not interested in going back to the way things were or trying to remake an oldie but not so goodie ;) I'm glad we're still able to be friends though.